Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Blog

I started this blog as a response to a class I'm taking through the University of Edinburgh. It's an open source MOOC called "E-Learning and Digital Cultures". I took this class because I thought it sounded like it might help me understand learning in this digital age. I want to understand how people, kids in particular,  are making sense of their world.  I'm interested in how social media is changing things.

The term "Digital Culture" is new to me. When I heard the term a light went on. Of course digital technology is transforming our culture. I have a hunch that there is something here for a teacher. I really don't know what the questions are in the context of digital technology and learning. How does it affect learning? Clearly this technology can be a teaching tool but how far that changes the game I'm not sure.

Well... here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment